School of Physics and Astronomy

Search site


IT support

Faculty IT Help Site

Electronics workshop

Request new or replacement keys or card/fob

Application for approval of leave form (Word)

University Travel Insurance Policy (PDF)

School of Physics and Astronomy Calendar

Head of School Newsletter September 2017 Issue

Head of School Newsletter November 2017 Issue

Head of School Newsletter January 2018 Issue

Physics Committees and Members

Physics Committee Structure


Travel Guidance

There are two forms that can be used for travel:

1.    A generic risk assessment form for UK/EU (or similar) multiple travel. It is expected that you only need to fill this out once for such activities, but agree a way in which you will let your supervisor or line manager know travel details in individual cases. Please submit a new form if your details change.

2.    A risk assessment form for other overseas travel. This form should be used for any other overseas travel and needs to be completed on each travel occasion. The form has been pre-completed with what are likely to be the usual responses, but please check and amend as necessary prior to signing.

Neither form covers working at external laboratories or facilities (e.g. company placements, synchrotrons, observatories etc.) as it is assumed that a separate risk assessment will be completed (often from the facility) that depends on the facility and activity.